The Ministry and Personnel Committee is the only mandatory committee of the governing body of a pastoral charge. It may be called the “Ministry and Personnel Committee” or by another name, and has the following responsibilities.
- Being available for consultation and support for matters involving the pastoral charge staff
- Overseeing the relationship of the pastoral charge staff to each other and to people in the congregation
- Regularly reviewing the working conditions, responsibilities, and compensation of all pastoral charge staff
- Making any recommendations needed as a result of these reviews to the governing body
- Revising position descriptions of pastoral charge staff as needed
- Conducting annual performance reviews of the pastoral charge staff
- Ensuring pastoral charge staff make use of opportunities for continuing education that they have been given
- Maintaining close contact with the presbytery Pastoral Relations Committee.
(The Manual, 2016, B. Local Ministry Unit 7.8.5)